expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Easiest Smokey Eye (Affordable Makeup Look)



 Hiya Everyone!

Today I have a little beauty post/tutorial for you, I really like these kind of looks and they're so simple to do and easy to wear. It's a soft smokey eye, with glowy skin and a nude lip. At the end I've put a picture and product list of everything I used, it’s all affordable/drugstore makeup, well loved as you can see from the pictures so forgive me for that! I’ve also been testing out some Pennys/Primark makeup brushes too and they're surprisingly really good for the price. I'm by no means a makeup artist it's just something I've always loved and makeup is very much personal preference so what I like you might not but that's ok you do what works for you and have fun with it. These are just the kind of posts I love to read and decided to make my own. So whether you love makeup too or just want a giggle at some of the ridiculous faces I make doing my makeup, I hope you enjoy this post and let's get started!





For Primer I used the Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm. I first saw NikkieTutorials use this as a super affordable primer, it has Glycerine as a main ingredient which helps makeup stay all day! I also have sensitive dry skin with Nivea being a brand I really trust because it works for me and it gave me some nice hydration too. However it will not fill in or blur any pores if that's what you look for in a primer. I also moisturised my lips with a lip balm in preparation for the matte nude lip later.










Next I applied my foundation. It's full coverage so I blend it out well by tapping (never drag or rub) with this damp Pennys version of a beauty blender. I wasn't a big fan of this sponge because it was too hard but I do like the new PS Pro black makeup blending sponge from Pennys.













I used the same technique with my concealer to hide any blemishes and highlight the area under my eyes and along my T-zone.









Then I set that concealer down to stop it creasing with the translucent powder, I never "bake" my face with powder though because I find it can emphasise my dry skin.

















After that, I make this funny face in attempt to find some cheekbones to contour using the brown shade from the Collection contour and highlight duo. I like this because it's not too ashy so you can bronze up the skin a little with it too. For highlighter I used the shimmer shade from the same duo on the tops of my cheekbones, tip of my nose and cupid's bow. I wasn't as impressed with this highlighter but if you like a more subtle glow you will like it.





Next I applied one of these super pigmented wet'n'wild blushes, this one has a bit of shimmer to it. I know it looks a little scary in the pan but I put a very small amount on the apples of my cheeks just between where I put that contour and highlight shade to give a pinky glow. After I finished up the face I filled in my brows which I'm trying to grow out so it's a bit messy but we'll say I've gone for the natural look! 


























For my eyes I kept it so simple using this labeled trio again from wet'n'wild. 
I used the brown crease shade in my crease and outer third of my eye, the eyelid shade on the inner two thirds and finally the browbone shade to highlight my inner corners and blended everything together using windscreen wiper motions with this catrice blending brush.












I don't normally like to put mascara on my bottom lashes so I just run some of my favourite eyeliner along my lash line. Then I applied a few coats of mascara to my top lashes.




























To finish it off I put on my lippie and spritzed some setting spray, this dewy finishing spray has been my favourite find find of 2016 because it takes away that powdery look from your makeup and it leaves it so much fresher for longer.



And here's the finished look, I hope you enjoyed this post thanks for reading. 
xx


Product used:

Wet n Wild Colouricon Blush  (shade Pearlescent Pink)
Wet n Wild Colouricon Eyeshadow Trio (shade Walking on Eggshells)
NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil (shade Auburn)